Elements of Minutes of Meeting, Parts of Simple Meeting Minutes Format. How To Write Effective Official Minutes of Meeting. Elements or Components of Minutes of Meeting. How To Take Meeting Notes For Corporate, Business, and Group Meeting.
Elements of Minutes of Meeting
Minutes of Meeting
Minutes of Meeting means the formal official written record of the meeting’s activities of a company, organization, or group. It is also known as meeting minutes or minutes or notes (informally) that are taken during the meeting. Meeting minutes are also written notes that record whatever happened during a meeting, to keep remain of what was decided throughout the meeting so that you can revisit it and apply it to inform future decisions. Minutes intend to take note elaborately during meeting time regarding attendance, what is the topic of discussion, who is responsible for which task, how to take action to solve the problems, and vision and mission. Taking Minutes of Meeting with specific notes is an essential part of every formal meeting discussion.
Advantages of Minutes of Meeting
Firstly, Minutes of Meeting record the exact date, time, location, and activities of the meeting. It is one kind of formal evidence that narrates your whereabouts Also, it keeps clear evidence of attendees who attended the meeting and who didn’t attend.
Further, it takes note elaborately regarding what is the agenda and discussion topics, who is going to take responsibility, and how to solve the problem or achieve goals. Usually, group discussion doesn’t have a long attention span also members tend to be indulged with side-tracked. So, minutes help to divert from side-tracked and facilitate to keep on track.
Furthermore, minutes represent the list of action items, and adjourning time means when the meeting was dismissed. Typically, the action list indicates members’ consciousness about performing respective duties on time properly.
Finally, the minutes of the meeting state information regarding upcoming scheduled with specific time and date, and carry the names who submitted and approved it. It is alarming directives for group members to be prepared for a new meeting.
Elements of Minutes of Meeting
Minutes of Meeting need to have some specific components that make them more meaningful.
The essential 13 elements of meeting minutes are 1. Company or organization name, 2. Date, time & location, 3. Opening, 4. List of attendees, 5. List of absent, 6. Agenda, 7. Discussion, 8. Note, 9. Action Items, 10. Adjournment, 11. Submitted by, 12. Approved by, also 13. Documents.
Company or organization name
The company name is the essential element of meeting minutes. Every minute of the meeting needs to have an exact organization name at the top of the letter and add a logo if you have one.
- The precise date, time, and location- It is the prime component of minutes to express the profound meaning of discussion meetings with accuracy.
- Opening- For example, The regular weekly meeting of the Demigods Bullies group was called to order on 24 October 2019, 4:00 PM at 202 room in Faculty of Modern language and communication.
- List of attendees- For example, the list of the members who participated in the meeting.
- List of absent- For example, the list of the members who did not join in the meeting discussion. It also updates and reminds members who absent from the meeting.
- Agenda- It seems like the main plan list of activities.
- Discussion- In similar to the agenda but brief discussion of the main point of the agenda.
- Note- Taking a record of who is going to do which task later. Actually, the note implies here a list of people who have been assigned for certain tasks.
- Action Items- (How many decisions have been taken throughout the meeting discussion).
- Adjournment- (Written evidence of when and how the meeting was dismissed).
- Submitted by- (Name of who has submitted the minutes).
- Approved by- (Name of that specific person who will approve it officially).
- Documents- (Photo or video of meeting)
In conclusion, you can add some extras elements if necessary but they should be more specific and meaningful. Above all, these components of meeting minutes will definitely make your minutes of meeting more significant.
Elements of Minutes of Meeting Format
Simple Meeting Minutes Format
Demigods Anti-Bullying Group
Minutes of Meeting
24 October 2019/ 4:00 PM
The regular weekly meeting of Demigods Bullies was called to order on 24 October 2019, 4:00 PM at room 202, Faculty of Modern Language and Communication in University Putra Malaysia.
- Sascha Putri Gumilar
- Capturing photo and Making video
- Active on Social media
- Planning for drama and talk show program.
- Firstly, we have to create some photos and videos viewing the negative impact of bullying and cyber-bullying. These photos and videos will represent our activeness with diverse creativity.
- In addition, all group members have to emphasize social media activities such as uploading photos and videos regarding bullying and cyber-bullying.
- Finally, we have to prepare ourselves enough to perform effectively for the final program at Dewan Za’ba. Every group member will rehearse according to the script.
- Kobiruzzaman will be responsible for booking the Dewan Za’ba hall room for our final program by next week.
- Joshua will print out all posters with proposals.
- Samuel and Jiven will go to the departmental office in order to take signatures for approving these posters to hang on boards.
- Dividing group member’s duties for the social campaign based on the negative impact of bullying and cyberbullying is going to hold on 29 November 2019.
- Finalizing the dres’ code, food, and also beverages for the program.
- The program budget has been approved also money distributed to the account.
The meeting was adjourned at 6 PM by the anonymous decision of group members. Hence, the group leader declared the adjournment loudly.
According to today’s meeting decision, our next meeting is going to hold on Tuesday, 5th November 2019, at time 3: pm in the same venue.
The person who creates the meeting minute. For example, M M Kobiruzzaman
For example, the group leader name.