Elements of Minutes of Meeting, Parts of Simple Meeting Minutes. How To Write Effective Official Minutes of Meeting. The essential elements of meeting minutes are company or organization name, date, time & location, opening, list of attendees, absence, agenda, discussion, note, action items, adjournment, submitted by, approved by, and documents.
Elements of Minutes of Meeting
Minutes of Meeting
Meeting Minutes means a written record of the meeting’s activities conducted by the company, organization and a group of people. It is also known as the meeting notes. Meeting minutes take note of whatever happened during a meeting. Additionally, It keeps a record of decisions taken from the discussion. Furthermore, the employee can revisit the important issue discussed in the conference. Finally, the purpose of minutes is to take note elaborately during meeting time regarding attendance, discussion, who is responsible for which task, how to solve the problems, and vision and mission, and so more. Therefore, taking minutes of meetings with specific notes is an essential part of every formal meeting discussion.
Types of Minute Meeting
The two types of minute meetings are Physical meeting minutes or minutes of meeting and Online meeting minutes. Physical meeting minutes include the location and venue of the meeting where it holds. On the other hand, virtual meeting minutes include virtual meeting platforms, such as Google meet, Zoom Meeting, Microsoft Team, and so more. The physical meeting minutes are also known as minutes.
Meeting Minutes Template
On the other hand, Online meeting minutes include the online meeting platforms in which the meeting has been conducted. Many organizations, educational institutes, and social worker groups are conducting online meetings due to the COVID-19 Pandemic. The Best Free Online Meeting Platforms are Google Meet, Zoom Meeting, Microsoft Team, GoToMeeting, Skype, Cisco Webex Meetings, Join.me, Adobe Connect, Uber Conference, and Ring Central Meetings. The example of physical and virtual meeting minutes has been discussed here for better understanding.
Advantages of Minutes of Meeting
Firstly, Minutes of Meeting record the exact date, time, location, and meeting activities. It is one kind of formal evidence that narrates your whereabouts. Also, it keeps clear evidence of attendees who attended the meeting and who didn’t attend.
Further, it elaborates on the agenda and discussion topics, who will take responsibility, and how to solve the problem or achieve goals. Usually, group discussion doesn’t have a long attention span. Also, members tend to be indulged with side-tracked. So, minutes help to divert from side-tracked and facilitate to keep on track.
Furthermore, minutes represent the list of action items, and adjourning time means when the meeting was dismissed. Typically, the action list indicates members’ consciousness about performing respective duties on time properly.
Finally, the minutes of the meeting state information regarding upcoming scheduled with specific time and date, and carry the names who submitted and approved it. It is alarming directives for group members to be prepared for a new meeting.
Elements of Minutes of Meeting
Minutes of Meeting need to have some specific components that make them more meaningful.
The essential 13 elements of meeting minutes are 1. Company or organization name, 2. Date, time & location, 3. Opening, 4. List of attendees, 5. List of absent, 6. Agenda, 7. Discussion, 8. Note, 9. Action Items, 10. Adjournment, 11. Submitted by, 12, approved by, also 13. Documents.
Company or organization name
The company name is the essential element of meeting minutes. Every minute of the meeting needs to have an exact organization name at the top of the letter and add a logo if you have one.
- The precise date, time, and location are the prime component of minutes to express the profound meaning of discussion meetings accurately.
- Opening- For example, The regular weekly meeting of the Demigods Bullies group was called to order on 24 October 2019, 4:00 PM at 202 room in Faculty of Modern language and communication.
- List of attendees- For example, the list of the members who participated in the meeting.
- List of absent- For example, the list of the members who did not join the meeting discussion. It also updates and reminds members who absent from the meeting.
- Agenda- It seems like the main plan list of activities.
- Discussion- In similar to the agenda but a brief discussion of the main point of the agenda.
- Note- Taking a record of who is going to do which task later. Actually, the note implies here a list of people who have been assigned for certain tasks.
- Action Items- (How many decisions have been taken throughout the meeting discussion).
- Adjournment- (Written evidence of when and how the meeting was dismissed).
- Submitted by-
- Approved by-
- Documents- (Photo or video of meeting)
In conclusion, you can add some extras elements if necessary, but they should be more specific and meaningful. Above all, these components of meeting minutes will definitely make your minutes of meeting more significant.
Elements of Meeting Minutes
Meeting Minutes Example
Simple Meeting Minutes Format
Demigods Anti-Bullying Group
Minutes of Meeting
24 October 2019/ 4:00 PM
The regular weekly meeting of Demigods Bullies was called to order on 24 October 2019, 4:00 PM at room 202, Faculty of Modern Language and Communication in University Putra Malaysia.
- Capturing photos and Making video
- Active on Social media
- Planning for drama and talk show program.
- Firstly, we have to create some photos and videos viewing the negative impact of bullying and cyber-bullying. These photos and videos will represent our activeness with diverse creativity.
- In addition, all group members have to emphasize social media activities such as uploading photos and videos regarding bullying and cyber-bullying.
- Finally, we have to prepare ourselves enough to perform effectively for the final program at Dewan Za’ba. Every group member will rehearse according to the script.
- Kobiruzzaman will be responsible for booking the Dewan Za’ba hall room for our final program by next week.
- Joshua will print out all posters with proposals.
- Samuel and Jiven will go to the departmental office to take signatures to approve these posters to hang on boards.
- Dividing group members’ duties for the social campaign based on the negative impact of bullying and cyberbullying will hold on 29 November 2019.
- Finalized the dress code, food, and also beverages for the program.
- The program budget has also been approved money distributed to the account.
The meeting was adjourned at 6 PM by the anonymous decision of group members. Hence, the group leader declared the adjournment loudly.
According to today’s meeting decision, our next meeting will hold on Tuesday, 5th November 2019, at 3 pm in the same venue.
The person who creates the meeting minute. For example, M M Kobiruzzaman
For example, the group leader’s name.
Online Meeting Minutes Example
Online meeting minutes download link- PDF Download.