Minutes of Meeting Example, Sample, Elements, Types & Advantages. Elements of Meeting Example. Also, The Sample of Meeting Minutes.
Minutes of Meeting
Meeting Minute is a written record of the meeting’s activities conducted by the company, organization and a group of people. It is also known as the meeting notes. Meeting minutes take note of whatever happened during a meeting. Additionally, It keeps a record of decisions taken from the discussion. Furthermore, the employee can revisit the important issue discussed in the conference. Finally, the purpose of minutes is to take note elaborately during meeting time regarding attendance, discussion, who is responsible for which task, how to solve the problems, vision, mission, and so more. Therefore, taking minutes of meetings with specific notes is an essential part of every formal meeting discussion.
Minutes of Meeting Types
The two types of minute meetings are Physical meeting minutes or minutes of meeting and Online meeting minutes. Physical meeting minutes include the location and venue of the meeting where it holds. On the other hand, virtual meeting minutes include virtual meeting platforms, such as Google meet, Zoom Meeting, Microsoft Teams, and more. The physical meeting minutes are also known as minutes.
Minutes of Meeting Example
On the other hand, Online meeting minutes include the online meeting platforms in which the meeting has been conducted. Many organizations, educational institutes, and social worker groups are conducting online meetings due to the COVID-19 Pandemic. The Best Online Meeting Platforms are Google Meet, Zoom Meeting, Microsoft Team, GoToMeeting, Skype, Cisco Webex Meetings, and so more. The physical and virtual meeting minutes example has been discussed here for better understanding.
Elements of Meeting Minutes
The 12 elements of meeting minutes are- 1. Company or organization name, 2. Date, Time & Location, 3. Opening, 4. List of attendees and Absent, 5. Agenda, 6. Discussion, 7. Note, 8. Action Items, 9. Adjournment, 10. Submitted by, 11, approved by, also 12. Documents.
Minutes of the Meeting need specific components that make them more meaningful. It is also known as the feature of meeting minutes. The
1. Company or Organization Name
The company name is the essential element of meeting minutes. Every minute of the meeting needs to have an exact organization name at the top of the letter and add a logo if you have one.
2. Date, Time & Location- The precise date, time, and location are the prime component of minutes to express the profound meaning of discussion meetings.
3. Opening- For example, The regular weekly meeting of the Demigods Bullies group was called to order on 24 October 2019, 4:00 PM in room 202 in the Faculty of Modern language and communication.
4. List of attendees- For example, the members who participated in the meeting. List of absent- For example, the members who did not join the meeting discussion. It also updates and reminds members who are absent from the meeting.
5. Agenda- It seems like the main plan list of activities.
6. Discussion- In similar to the agenda but a brief discussion of the main point of the agenda.
7. Note- Take a record of who will do which task later. The note here implies a list of people assigned specific tasks.
8. Action Items- (For example, how many decisions have been taken throughout the meeting discussion).
9. Adjournment- (Written evidence of when and how the meeting was dismissed).
10. Submitted by-
11. Approved by-
12. Documents- (For example, photo, word files, and pdf files)
In conclusion, you can add some extra elements if necessary, but they should be more specific and meaningful. Above all, these components of meeting minutes will definitely make your minutes of meeting more significant.
Minutes of Meeting Elements
Minutes of Meeting Example
Demigod Anti-Bullying Students Group
Firstly, we must create some photos and videos to view the negative impact of bullying and cyberbullying. These photos and videos will represent our activeness with diverse creativity.
Minutes of Meeting Advantages
Firstly, the meeting minutes record the exact date, time, location, and meeting activities. It is one kind of formal evidence that narrates your whereabouts. Also, it keeps clear evidence of attendees who attended and didn’t attend the meeting.
Further, it elaborates on the agenda and discussion topics, who will take responsibility, and how to solve the problem or achieve goals. Usually, group discussion doesn’t have a long attention span. Also, members tend to be indulged in side-tracked. So, minutes help to divert from side-tracked and facilitate keeping on track.
Furthermore, minutes represent the list of action items, and adjourning time means when the meeting was dismissed. Typically, the action list indicates members’ consciousness about performing respective duties on time properly.
Finally, the minutes of the meeting state information regarding upcoming schedules with specific times and dates and carry the names who submitted and approved them. It is an alarming directive for group members to take preparation for a new meeting.