Social Etiquette, Social Etiquette Examples & Social Etiquette Definition. Examples of Social Norms & Social Etiquette. Manner and social rules in society.
Social etiquette refers to the ethical behaviors of human beings that accepted by society. It is also known as Social Etiquette. The alternative name of social etiquette is social etiquette, social manner, social unwritten rule. Social etiquette can differ from society to society based on the environment of the society. For example, some norms are admissible in society; however, the same norms are offensive to other societies. Social etiquette gets followed differently in various social groups.
Don’t Go Where You are not invited. And when invited don’t overstay your welcome.
Don’t stay in a relationship where you don’t feel respected and valued. Walk away.
Think before you talk. 80% of how people value you is what comes out of your mouth.
Stop entertaining gossip about other people.
Reduce how you visit some people, especially if they don’t visit you as well.
Don’t eat other people’s food more than they eat yours.
Examples of Social Etiquette
1. Don’t call someone more than twice continuously. If they don’t pick up your call, presume they have something important to attend.
2. Return money that you had borrowed even before the person that borrowed you remember or ask for it. It shows your integrity and character. The same goes for umbrellas, pens, and lunch boxes.
3. Never order the expensive dish on the menu when someone is giving you lunch/dinner.
4. Don’t ask awkward questions like ‘Oh so you aren’t married yet?’ Or ‘Don’t you have kids’ or ‘Why didn’t you buy a house?’ Or why don’t you buy a car? For God’s sake, it isn’t your problem;
5. Always open the door for the person coming behind you. It doesn’t matter if it is a guy or a girl, senior or junior. You don’t grow small by treating someone well in public;
6. If you take a taxi with a friend and he/she pays now, try paying next time;
7. Respect different shades of opinions. Remember, what’s 6 to you will appear 9 to someone facing you. Besides, a second opinion is good for an alternative;
8. Never interrupt people talking. Allow them to pour it out. As they say, hear them all and filter them all;
9. If you tease someone and don’t seem to enjoy it, stop it and never do it again. It encourages one to do more, and it shows how appreciative you’re;
10. Say “Thank you” when someone is helping you.
Social Etiquette Examples
11. Praise publicly. Criticize privately;
12. There’s rarely a reason to comment on someone’s weight. Just say, “You look fantastic.” If they want to talk about losing weight, they will;
13. When someone shows you a photo on their phone, don’t swipe left or right. You never know what’s next;
14. If a colleague tells you they have a doctors’ appointment, don’t ask what it’s for; just say, “I hope you’re okay”. Don’t put them in the uncomfortable position of having to tell you their personal illness. If they want you to know, they’ll do so without your inquisitiveness;
15. Treat the cleaner with the same respect as the CEO. Nobody is impressed at how rude you can treat someone below you, but people will notice if you treat them with respect;
16. If a person is speaking directly to you, staring at your phone is rude;
17. Never advise until you’re asked;
18. When meeting someone after a long time, unless they want to talk about it, don’t ask them their age and salary;
19. Mind your business unless anything involves you directly – just stay out of it;
20. Remove your sunglasses if you are talking to anyone in the street. It is a sign of respect. Moreso, eye contact is as important as your speech; and
21. Never talk about your riches in the midst of the poor. Similarly, don’t talk about your children in the midst of the barren.
22.After reading a good message, try to say “Thanks for the message”.
APPRECIATION remains the easiest way of getting what you don’t have.
These are the basic Social Norms and Social Etiquette that everyone needs to follow in society.
Social Media Etiquette Example
- Do not believe everything you see on social media.
- When you are happy with someone in private, you don’t need to prove it on social media!!
- Try to avoid liking your own post, photo, and video.
- Don’t post or tag photos of fans, customers, or employees without permission.
- Don’t tag people or pages that aren’t relevant to your post.
- Try to avoid asking others for likes, comments, or shares of your post.
Couple Etiquette or Relationship Rules for Couples
Every Woman Should Read These 30 Rules For Godly Women
1). Never raise your voice for any reason to your husband. It’s a sign of disrespect. (Prov 15v1)
2). Don’t expose your husband’s weaknesses to your family and friends. It will bounce back at you. You are each other’s keeper. (Eph 5v12)
3). Never use attitudes and moods to communicate to your husband; you never know how your husband will interpret them. Defensive women don’t have a happy home. (Prov 15v13)
4). Never compare your husband to other men; you’ve no idea what their life is all about. If you attack his Ego, his Love for you will diminish.
5). Never treat your husband’s friends because you don’t like them; the person who’s supposed to get rid of them is your husband. (Prov 11v22)
6). Never forget that your husband married you, not your maid or anyone else. Do your duties. (Gen 2v24)
7). Never assign anyone to give your husband’s attention; people may do everything else, but your husband is your own responsibility. (Eph 5v33)
8). Never blame your husband if he comes back home empty-handed. Rather encourage him. (Deut 3v28)
9). Never be a wasteful wife; your husband’s sweat is too precious to be wasted.
10). Never pretend to be sick to deny your husband sex. You must give it to him how he wants it. Sex is essential to Men; if you keep denying him, it is a matter of time before another woman takes over your duty. No man can withstand sex starvation for too long(even the anointed ones)
11). Never compare your husband to your one-time sex mate in the bedroom or an Ex-lover. Your home may Never recover from it if you do.
12). Never answer for your husband in public opinion polls; let him handle what is directed to him, although he may answer for you in public opinion polls. (Prov 31v23)
13). Never shout or challenge your husband in front of your children. Wise Women don’t do that. (Eph 4v31)
14). Don’t forget to check the smartness of your husband before he checks out. (Prov 12v4)
15). Never allow your friends to be too close to your husband.
16). Never be in a hurry in the bathroom and on the dressing table. Out there, your husband is always surrounded by women who took their time on their looks. ( 1 Sam25v3)
17). Your parents or family, or friends do not have the final say in your marriage. Don’t waste your time looking up to them for a final word. You must Leave if you want to Leave. (Luke 21v16)
18). Never base your love on monetary things. Will you still submit to him even if you earn more money than him?
19). Don’t forget that husbands want attention and good listeners, never be too busy for him. Good communication is the bedrock of every happy home. (Gal 6v9)
20). If your idea worked better than his, never compare yourself to him. It is always teamwork. (Gal 6v10)
21). Don’t be too judgemental to your husband. No man wants a Nagging wife. (Eph 4v29)
22). A lazy wife is a careless wife. She doesn’t even know that her body needs a bath. (Prov 24v27)(Prov 20v13)
23). Does your husband like a kind of cooked food? Try to change your cooking. No man jokes with food. (Prov 31v14)
24). Never be too demanding to your husband; enjoy every moment, resource as it comes. (Luke 11v3)
25). Make a glass of water the very first welcome to your husband and everyone entering your home. The sweetness of attitude is true beauty. (Prov 31v11)
26). Don’t associate with women who have a wrong mental attitude about marriage. (Prov 22v14)
27). Your marriage is as valuable to you as the value that you give it. Recklessness is unacceptable. (Heb 13v4)
28). Fruit of the womb is a blessing from the Lord; love your children and teach them well. (Prov 22v6)
29). You are never too old to influence your home. Never reduce your care for your family for any reason. (Prov 31v28)
30). A prayerful wife is a better-equipped wife; pray always for your husband and family(1 Thess 5v17)
Have a lovely day….. God help us.